Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I didn't go to the show looking for this

It just kind of fell in my lap.  At the big Ohio Sports Collector Convention on Saturday, I was spending a good deal of time looking for a specific '73T baseball card, when my eyes came upon this card.


The dealer who had the card had it taped to a poster board (inside of a top loader, naturally).  The original sticker on it said $2, but it was far enough back from the table that I wasn't 100% sure that the sticker actually said $2.  So I called him over and asked if my eyes were failing me and if the card was actually that cheap.

Upon seeing the sticker, he laughed and said no, but he would price it for me if I liked.   I said sure, and that I would take it if it was reasonably priced.

$25 was his response after looking it up.

Sold.

60-61 Parkhurst #1, Tim Horton.  Easily the best hockey card that I now own. 

You just never know what you'll find when you're not looking.   I have to remember that.

Thanks for reading, Robert

Post a Comment

0 Comments