Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Teaser Tuesday (79)

Teaser Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Rules:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week, my teaser is from Fugitives by Alexander Gordon Smith. It's the fourth book in the Escape from Furnace series and is YA/Adventure. The books are . . . well, gory, for lack of a better word. There are some disturbing scenes, but the main character's voice shines, the writing is quite good, and the plot takes  crazy turns. I usually finish Smith's books in a single day.


I stumbled, felt hands grab my arms. I stared to my side, but I couldn't make out who was there, my vision had become an ocean of dirty white flecked with sparks.
-p. 8

**********

Reading anything interesting? Got a teaser to share?


-----The Golden Eagle

Post a Comment

0 Comments