Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nail of the Day: Ice Cream with Sprinkles

Hi, everyone! Time for a super fun Nail of the Day featuring one of the adorable goodies that my friend sent to me in a Korean Cosmetics Care Package a couple months ago. I had heard of the Etude House Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nail Polishes previously and was totally smitten with how cute they were. I love Korean cosmetics and am also a bit of an ice cream fiend, so it was really a match made in heaven! When I spotted Etude's Ice Cream Nail Polish in Apricot in the care package I was super stoked!


The packaging is definitely the most unique of any nail polish I own. The bottle itself is a circular glass "ice cream scoop" and the cap is a decorated ice cream cone with the brush attached underneath. Doesn't get more precious than this! Though it is definitely beyond cutesy, the packaging is actually quite sturdy and functional.


Apricot has a warm, peachy-yellowy-nude base with multi-coloured hexagonal glitter. The shades of the glitter are predominantly red, orange, green, blue and purple and really contrast the base colour nicely!

When I first applied the polish, I was slightly disappointed to find that the formula was quite sheer, with the glitter fairly sparse throughout (though this was in line with some reviews I had read). Because of this, I had to apply 4 coats of the polish to achieve the look pictured in this post. A huge plus, however, was that with 4 decent coats the finish did not feel the least bit thick or gloopy and the glitter never felt gritty. With a thin layer of topcoat applied afterwards, my nails felt quite smooth and comfortable. So while I had to apply more coats than expected, the texture of the polish stayed smooth, comfortable, and even.  A huge plus in my books! 


I've been wearing the polish for 4 days now and chipping has been very minimal (only slightly on the sides and tips of the nails) and none of the glitter has flaked or peeled off. Very impressive!

Here are a couple more shots of the polish, under different lighting:



And yes, sometimes I like to hold the bottle like an actual ice cream cone ;)


Overall, this was such a lovely gift to receive! The packaging is super adorable and unique and the glittery shade is right up my alley! Oftentimes products with super cutesy packaging can lack in quality, but this definitely wasn't the case here. Although I had to apply several coats to achieve my desired effect, the texture of the polish remained smooth and comfortable. And the lasting power has been great so far, so no complaints!

Have you tried any of the Etude House Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nail Polishes? Any other favourite goodies from Etude House?

Thanks for reading, and another huge thanks to my friend who send this lovely goody my way! :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments