Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Backstitch

I escaped!
I escaped the dust, the endless commercial pop radio, the builders rubble on our drive, the ever shifting deadlines for our finished kitchen and had a blissfull day out stitching with Gill at a fabric shop, Backstitch based in Burwash Manor near Cambridge. The first Wednesday in the month always used to be Spectrum day, but since my involvement with the group ended I have a years worth of SPECTRUM marked in my diary that I can now fill with other things... days out, exhibitions... and dress making!


I have had the pattern for a Tilly and the Buttons Coco Dress for months, I bought the fabric for the dress in September but it all lay untouched until today.


But by booking in to the shop for a social sew day, we had access to a wonderful big cutting table, plenty of room to spread out, tasteful music in the background and a whole day just to stitch and natter with no distractions... bliss!


Of course there were a few fabric purchases too... well, I need something to make the next time I go back for a day out stitching. And best of all I finished my first Coco dress. From start to finish in a day!


I posed for the first photo but then I had Gill and Heather (who works in the shop) telling me to cross my legs, thrust my hips and  lift my chin if I was posing for a photo... I resisted a Victoria Beckham pout though!


Back home at the ranch we have now passed day ten of the "week to ten days" we were quoted for our kitchen and it is nowhere near finished. (No surprise there) No sign of an oven either which is a little worrying given I have cakes to make next week. Ah well... at least the microwaved curry tasted good tonight!

Post a Comment

0 Comments