Home Blog SATURDAY RAMBLES
SATURDAY RAMBLES
Wedding Update: We all got together Thursday evening, Emily and Mike and his mother and I to square away some of the details for the wedding shower. We narrowed down the location to two country clubs in the area. As we finaggled over the menu's, all of them pretty mundane, Emily just got a sad look on her face and said, "You know, what I really want is just a pretty afternoon tea, with finger sandwiches and macarons and fancy pastries, maybe in a garden with everyone in floral dresses..." The mother in me just melted and I thought, there must be a way, but it's just not feasible. If it were a small shower I think we could swing it, but it's not. I am however, going to work my rear end off to make this shower something she remembers. We have the tables planned and we have to talked to the florist about flowers, I'm rounding up tea light candles and looking at pretty garlands for the gift table. We found some gorgeous fabric to make table runners with to go over the white tablecloths, and we did come up with a very sweet and original idea for favors which I will share with you later. Thanks for all of your suggestions and ideas by the way, they were all wonderful and so appreciated. Anyway, the picture above is of the tags Emily made for the wedding which will have the guests names and table number on. She really put a lot of time in these and I think they came out beautiful.
I hope all of you are off to a great weekend. I'm going to get back to my laundry, make a simple and quick dinner, and then settle down with my book for the evening. See you soon (I hope!). :)
0 Comments