Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Admit... Sometimes, I Judge

We've all heard the proverbial saying before...  I mean, its only been pounded into our heads like a million times since infancy. And don't tell me you've never heard it before.

Because I know you have....

Don't judge a book by its cover.

See, I told you you've heard it.

And don't get me wrong here, I know that's good advice. Really, I do. There are plenty of fantastic books I've read whose covers were, well, less than inspiring right off the shelf.

BUT... sometimes its just too gosh darned hard NOT to judge. Like this one:


I mean, how do you pick up that book and NOT want to read it?! Especially when it has: "A rousing adventure story in the tradition of The Hunger Games" plastered at the top. As an avid Hunger Games fan, that got me.

And the weird water eye thing? Yeah, that got me too.

There's something to be said for marketing, my friends.

And since I know I can't possibly be the only judg-er out there, what book covers have inspired--or UN-inspired--YOU?




P.s. This actually did turn out to be a pretty freakin' fantastic book. I read it in like 24 hours... I couldn't put it down! My only complaint was a slight issue with the ending. But I won't tell you what that issue was... don't want to give away any plot details! But for those of you who HAVE read it and would like to discuss spoilers, I'd be more than happy to hash it out with you!

Post a Comment

0 Comments