Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Peanut Taste Dumplings

Recently I read PH's post that she tasted peanut paste in the dumplings (sui gao) at Mak's Chee eatery in One Utama. I have eaten dumplings at Mak Chee's eatery at Midvalley Mall twice in June 2018 but did not notice any peanut taste so I had to eat the dumplings again to make sure.

Ordered just two dishes - 
1. dry wanton noodles with prawn roes and wantons hidden underneath the noodles (small portion) at MYR 16.90++ (10% service charge, 6% SST = MYR 19.60 nett). 
2. Wantons (3) and Dumplings (2) soup (small portion) at MYR 15.90++ (MYR 18.44 nett).
There is a strong sesame oil taste to the dumplings but I could not see any peanut paste inside the dumplings and could not detect any peanut taste so it is either I am not sensitive to peanut taste or the dumplings here are different from the ones served at Mak's Chee in One Utama.

Total price for 2 dishes: MYR 38.05 nett which is on the high side I would say.

Post a Comment

0 Comments