Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Morocco - Rabat

As I arrive to capital of Morocco, Rabat, I can immediately realise that in comparison to other cities in Morocco, Rabat has a more European feel to it. Wide streets with cafés and restaurants lining up along the side walks, the locals speak your language (yes, I met a gentleman who spoke Swedish) and there are even modern trams taking you around the city. Like in any other moroccan city, you will find a medina full of shops, vendors, carpets, sandals, spices and fruits.  

Today I got up and head up to the riads rooftop for breakfast. Honestly, one of the best breakfasts I've ever had and it kept me full for the entire day. I had plenty of energy to walk around, got lost again a few times, but managed in the end to find my way to the places I wanted to visit. I found the central station, which is good to know for tomorrow when I will continue my journey. My aim was to reach the Hassan Tower, and oh boy, it definitely took my breath away. The Hassan Tower or Tour Hassan is the minaret of an incomplete mosque, which was intended to become the world's largest. The remains which are a few walls, pillars and the half completed tower is what was left behind. Today the Hassan Tower along with the Mausoleum of Mohammed V is today a UNESCO Heritage site, and also a very popular attraction in Rabat. 

I also walked through the Kasbah of the Udayas, a little part of the town that reminds me a lot of Chefchaouen that I just visited. The Andalusian Gardens, which is located just nearby, was not really worth visiting. 

In general, a great day yet again! Looking forward for some rest, and yet to decide where to have dinner. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments